Vacaville, CA, US, 95688
Requisition ID # 110780
Job Category : Transportation
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Shared Services
Job Location : Vacaville
Shared Services is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable services to all of our Line of Business partners. Aviation Services provides transportation for personnel within the PG&E service area and such other destinations as necessary to meet Company objectives. UAS Operations group provides drone services to all lines of business in the PG&E territory.
Directs the management and oversight of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) operations. Develops long term strategies for UAV operations at the utility and works as an industry representative contributing to the development of new regulations and operations for the utility sector. Provides leadership and direction to ensure performance competency, high safety standards, and the highest level of customer service. Supports the functions and activities of the internal UAV teams and partners with Sourcing for vendor acquisition and management. Manages all UAV storm and emergency response procedures, administration, and deployment. Ensures all UAV personnel and operations are in adherence and compliance with PG&E guidelines, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Acts as a liaison and representative for PG&E to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations regarding proactivity and immediate response during emergency situation and/or crises.
- Acts as a liaison with aviation maintenance, other PG&E departments, utility industry, and federal, state, and local agencies and organizations to address and resolve UAV operational issues.
- Approves and authorizes the acquisition of UAV asset and equipment.
- Approves UAV office and field audits, incidents, and accident investigations.
- Approves the UAV logbook and resolves all incidents and/or issues.
- Collaborates with the aviation safety group to resolve all safety issues regarding UAV operations.
- Coordinates with PG&E’s Regulatory Compliance to ensure all UAV personnel, operations, and training programs are in adherence and compliance with PG&E guidelines, FAA and CAL-OSHA regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Develops and implements audit system and procedures for UAV vendors.
- Develops, evaluates, and reports metrics for continuous improvement and maximization of UAV services, performance, utilization, and safety.
- Establishes and designs training programs for all UAV personnel and ensures knowledge retention, and skills enhancement.
- Leads sourcing team to standardize and optimize UAV contracts.
- Manages all UAV storm and emergency response procedures, administration, and deployment.
- Manages and approves all UAV operations, functions, and workflow.
- Manages the budget and chargeback system for UAV operations.
- Manages, coaches and develops a department staff.
- Provides training, guidance, coaching, and mentoring to all UAV personnel.
- Responsible for the management and direction of UAV operations that includes implementation of the mission and vision, establishment of goals and objectives, and evaluation of performance and services.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 8 years Utility industry experience, electric
- Leadership experience
- PART-107 Certificate
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years job-related technical experience
- Performance Management certification