Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Does being part of a P135 commercial drone delivery crew in the United States sound exciting to you? How about joining a team of dedicated, detail-oriented operators striving to be the best in the business?
The Flight Operations team at Zipline is growing, and we’re looking for individuals with sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, and exceptionally high standards. Success requires a process-minded approach on every flight, safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for using cutting-edge technology to help others.
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world (so far), 7 days a week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participates in all pre-operational briefings and other required activities.
- Monitors assigned airspace along a flight route prior to launch, during flight and delivery phases.
- Assists in collision avoidance activities (e.g. identification of non-cooperative traffic and communication with the RPIC), as well as the identification of hazardous weather conditions and other unforeseen hazards (e.g. open air assemblies).
- Is an advocate for safety!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Must have an FAA P107 Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC)
- A positive attitude, driven to solve problems and support teammates
- Must be able to travel ~20%, as necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the US
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
This is a part time opportunity. Assignment length will last between 6 and 12 months.
Must be able to relocate to Arkansas (unless already local) and work duty periods that include weekends/holidays.
Must be able to pass a background and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Random drug and alcohol testing is ongoing after initial employment.Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies. We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!