We are looking for a RPAS Chief Maintenance Controller to join our Facilities Operations team to ensure maintenance of all drones is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer specifications and in adherence with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Superintendent Mass Transportation and working in a collaborative community, you will:
- Control all company RPAS maintenance, either scheduled or unscheduled;
- Maintain a list of ‘Approved suppliers’ for all RPAS types;
- Ensure personnel carrying out maintenance are competent to do so;
- Keep records of personnel permitted to perform maintenance on RPA including details of their training and qualifications;
- Appoint maintenance controllers for each type of RPA used under the authority of the ReOC;
- Develop, enforce and monitor RPAS maintenance standards;
- Maintain a record of RPAS defects and any unserviceability;
- Ensure that specialist equipment essential to the operation of the RPA is serviceable;
- Maintain a thorough technical knowledge of RPAS operating under the authority of the ReOC;
- Ensure maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with the procedures detailed in the relevant section of the ReOC;
- Investigate all defects in RPA systems.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- A tertiary or trade qualification in an electronic technical discipline (preferred);
- An extensive knowledge base with Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS);
- Proven track record co-ordinating maintenance of electronic technical equipment (RPA preferred);
- Hold a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL);
- Thorough knowledge of RPAS Aviation Regulations;
- Self-starter, motivated individual able to undertake regular travel;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to plan jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options;
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more);
- Possible domestic relocation assistance.
Applications close on 8th April 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world’s first to be certified “responsible” helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.